The Herne Hill Music Festival is over for another year. We have had great music and wonderful crowds. Things which stand out include:
- a total of 1,045 people in the Festival audiences, the highest total so far. The biggest crowds were for for Don Giovanni, Youth Musical Talent, Norwood Wind Ensemble, and Southwark Sinfonietta. The average audience at events was 58.
- memorable performances from folk legends Leon Rosselson and Rattle on a Stovepipe, Dulwich Opera Company, Rupert Bond conducting the Southwark Sinfonietta, and our rising Jazz stars led by Camilla George and Jonny Phillips.
- an enjoyable afternoon of Music in the Park, with enthusiastic crowds at our three events, followed by a beautiful Evensong at St Paulís Church.
- £7,308 taken in ticket money. Some of this went to pay for hiring premises. The rest - £5,996 - went to the performers.
- people found out about the Festival events mostly by receiving a leaflet through the door, by word of mouth, through local networks, and from performers, though more and more people already know about the Festival.
- the largest number of audience members come from SE24, but that proportion is falling as people from further afield learn about the events.
To see the music we put on this year, have a look at the Programme page.